Self Help Clinics
The Small Claims Court Clinic offers low income individuals free legal advice from pro bono attorneys on how to file or defend small claims court matters. Common problems resolved by the clinic include worthless checks from employers, landlord/ tenant disputes involving money, and auto repair disputes. This is a joint project with Dade Legal Aid Put Something Back. Legal Servies work is funded by the Legal Services Corporation and the Florida Bar Foundation. The Clinic is by appointment only and are held the second and fourth Thursday of the month at the offices of Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc., 4343 West Flagler Street, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33134. Interested individuals should call (305) 576-0080 to find out if they qualify.
- Stopping a Florida Garnishment
- Pro Se Information on Collecting Judgment
- Defending Yourself in Small Claims
- Información sobre cómo proceder por si mismo para cobrar un dictamen judicial a su favor
- Cómo defenderse en la corte de reclamos menores
Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. (“LSGMI”) and CABA Pro Bono Project (“CABA Pro Bono”) have joined forces to provide free assistance with simple divorces to low income individuals in Miami-Dade County. Services are provided by pro bono attorneys through a “Divorce Clinic.”
The Divorce Clinic helps low income families without minor children through the process of filling out a simple divorce packet to initiate dissolution proceedings. Any assistance the program offers is free for eligible clients. The Clinic is by appointment only and are held the last Tuesday of every month at the offices of Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc., 4343 West Flagler Street, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33134. Interested individuals should call (305) 576-0080 to find out if they qualify.
A Joint “Pilot” Project of Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. and 16th Circuit Pro Bono Committee
Upcoming Clinic Dates
- February 10, 2017
What does the Pro Bono Legal Clinic cover?
- Small Claims Court matters which involve disputes of $5,000 or less.
- Landlord Tenant issues such as evictions or poor housing conditions.
- Simple Divorces
- Simple Probate
How Do I Get an Appointment to Attend a Clinic?
- Appointments are scheduled by phone. For an appointment, call 1-877- 715-7464
- Clinic appointments are limited so do not delay in calling for your appointment.
- Once you have an appointment, come to the Freeman Justice Center located at 302 Fleming Street at 9:00 a.m. on the date of your scheduled clinic.
- People will be seen by the private attorneys at the clinic in the order in which they sign in.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, call the 1-877-715-7464, to cancel your appointment.